Sunday, April 19, 2009

Can a person feel depressed,lack of energy;and lack of interest with life without the Hormones?

478>I%26#039;m now 45 years old, I had full hystrctomy at the age of 27, I took premarin (hormones replacement) for 10 years. My doctor told me to stop due to some risks (cancer etc). I was perfectly fine for some years, but I have been severly depressed from last one year, and I am on on anti-depression medicines and I am also seeing psychiatrist


but my depression is increasing every day. Please help...
Reply:Yes depression can occur even without being on the hormones. This could also be a side effect of the hysterectomy.





Ask your psychiatrist about maybe trying B Complex to see if that might be of some help to your depression issues.





Also, ask your primary care physician about seeing if there might be something going on with your thyroid. Sometimes depression can be a symptom of depression.


No comments:

Post a Comment